Welcome to the UK and Ireland Joint Surgical Colleges Fellowship Examinations' (JSCFE) website.
The four Surgical Royal Colleges (Edinburgh, England, Glasgow & Ireland) are pleased to announce the introduction of a new suite of Intercollegiate Fellowship Examinations for the international surgical community.
General Surgery is the first specialty to be launched. Full details regarding the subsequent launch of other specialties will be posted on the JSCFE and all four Surgical College websites.
The JSCFE will have parity of standard with the existing UK/Ireland Intercollegiate Fellowship Examinations and will assess to this standard. As such it carries the international reputation of the existing UK/ Ireland examination and has the value that patients and the public can be reassured that a surgeon achieving this standard has the knowledge and skills to practice independently. It is aimed at those in the international community who are about to, or who have recently completed their training.
We recommend that surgeons who meet this standard, and who are seeking a prestigious international qualification, apply for the examination. On successful completion of the examination, candidates will be eligible to apply for election to the Fellowship of any of the four Royal Colleges. Once such an application has been processed, the successful candidate will then be entitled the use of the Colleges’ associated post-nominals FRCS (College).
What you will need at the time of application:
- Debit/Credit Card* (*2% transaction fee applicable)
- Medical Qualification - year/country obtained
- MRCS – month/year obtained [if applicable]
- Three signed Structured References (pdf format)
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf format)
- Operative Summary (pdf format)
- Photocopy of your passport (pdf format)
- Pearson VUE test centre - you will be asked to select your preferred test centre location from a drop-down option list
You are advised to read the examination regulations and refer to the published syllabus before making your application.
Click to view the calendar.